A “high hat” light in a shower in 307 Hilldale Road in Villanova started a fire Friday night that caused “extensive damage” to the home.
A “high hat” light in a shower in 307 Hilldale Road in Villanova started a fire Friday night that caused “extensive damage” to the home, according to Radnor’s Fire Marshal Don Wood.
According to Wood, insulation directly above the high hat light caught fire from the light’s heat.
The Radnor Fire Company was dispatched to the fire at 8:23 p.m.
Numerous fire companies, including Berwyn, Gladwyne and Bryn Mawr Fire Companies responded to help fight the fire, which was declared under control within an hour, according to the Radnor Fire Company.
“Firefighters remained on location for an additional two hours in order to overhaul and extinguish hot spots throughout the house which sustained extensive damage,” Radnor Fire Company reports.
There were no citizen or firefighter injuries reported.
Leave a Reply