Remember when a pink panther held the monopoly on home insulation? Those days are gone. Today homeowners, service providers and structure scientists (the specialists that analyze home electricity performance) invest a bunch of time discussing foam insulation. But this freshly prominent insulation could come in many types. Immediately, permit’s think about the distinctions in between the spray foam and stiff foam. A lot more specifically, we could contrast the closed-cell spray foam that calls for 2 elements to be blended at the application nozzle, and the stiff foam insulation boards that are available in different densities.
Both two-component spray foam and stiff foam serve for boosting house energy efficiency. Often it could be tough to choose whether spray foam or stiff foam is best for a specific application.
Insulation is vital for power efficiency, and nobody knows insulation much better than Insulation Rebates. Call or email today to organize for a complimentary examination of your home’s insulation and a free of cost quote for insulation upgrades that conserve energy and cash.
Right here are the Benefits and drawbacks for both options:
Two-component spray foam PROS
- Provides both insulation and air securing; air sealing is exceptional because the foam broadens to pack voids and cracks.
- High R-value — regarding R-7 per in. depending upon formula.
- Rapid setup.
- Once healed, spray foam insulation remains in location; it will not shift, work out, or result of location.
Two-component spray foam DISADVANTAGES
- Messy; overspray could place foam where it must be removed.
- Respirators and protective garments should be used throughout setup.
- Temperature delicate; cold temperature levels can induce troubles with lathering action or curing.
- R-value can weaken somewhat with time.
Stiff foam insulation PROS
Stiff foam is easy to function with.
No respirators or unique devices are called for.
- Provides both insulation and air closing, gave that seams in between foam panels are secured with tape.
- Less messy than spray foam.
- Different densities are available to match various application & & R-value demands.
- Panels are easy to chop and can be set up in any sort of temperature level.
- Safe dealing with; no harmful discharges during setup.
- Ideal installation for insulating crawl area and basement wall surfaces.
- Some rigid foam panels (like SilverGlo, for instance) include a radiant obstacle for extra power savings.
Firm foam insulation CONS
- R-value differs based on kind of firm foam. It could be as low as R-3.8 each in. or as very high as R-8 each in.
- More lengthy installment than spray foam in some (however not all) applications.
- Sometimes single-component spray foam need to be used around advantages of stiff foam to secure and hold panel in position.